USA style headlights

bushell4436

hello everyone,

i am looking for help with my audi a4 b6 it is a UK model and i am wanting to import a set of USA headlights as i think they look much better. would they be easy to fit? and are the any issues with leveling the beams and how is it possible to get the continously lit yellow side lights as seen in the photo attached also are they legal to have these in the UK? below are the headlights a wish for.

any information would be a huge help guys thank you.

a6cd8ea9-5b26-efd5.jpg!BqOomggBmk~$(KGrHqYOKiwEu,7dHWirBLu3c6KwB!~~_35.JPG

Hi and welcome to the club

I think these will not work, the leveling will not adjust to suit uk roads (i think)

Plus they will fail the MOT as they are not CE marked :(

Hi steve

Thank you for your help, dam thats a shame :( really like the US spec mods i wonder if its possible to take them all apart and have us spec clear glass cover with the orange over the indicators then having all the UK leveling system making them road legal

Ano its a lot of effort but hobbies always are lol haha

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, due to lots of difficulties connected with changing lighting parameters (in US there is simetrical highbeam illumination, in EU asymmetrical, obviously different to LHD and RHD) my friend from Germany made USDMlook headlights to fit his oldschool VW passat B3 '92 -  and make them easily disconnectable just in case of forthcoming TUV inspections, by following few easy steps. This might be helpful tip:
He drilled one hole through the plastic indicator's case, slightly below the original indicator lamp, then plugged housing (the same as for parking lights, he had had spare ones) along with yellow bulb afterwards;

He linked the circuit with parking lights, so the second, yellow source of light illuminates, when you turn the headlights on. No problems, neither with connecting indicators nor with lifespan of bifilament bulbs :)

It emanates with warm yellow aura, so looks pretty nice, especially at nights. During sunny days, it's kind of hard to perceive - just 2W bulb. Cost: less than €2.

e5e48fbe3fa3.jpg