jerk when changing gear

quattroa6

i get a jerk when i change gear, as if a mount has gone, slight movement on the gear stick as well. if i dont touch the accelerator when i change, then acceletate when clutch engages it smooth. no noises. gear stick also moves about 1/4 inch if u power on and off in 2nd, 4rd etc u can feel the car jerk, even when cruise control on as the power changes if i rest my hand on the gearstick it moves a bit. this makes me believe its a transmission mount, also get a jerk coming down the box, soon as power is applied i get a small jerk, been looking at buying a awe stabilizer bar, cant seem to find a uk supplier tho. even thought of chnaging all mounts as a precaution, but car seem to hemorrhage money right now.

2001 2.5 tdi v6 Ake, manual 6 speed

i just had the timing belt done and they found play on the front damper pulley, so that's changed and helped things a bit. then found no issues with snub mount or engine mounts.

any help would be appreciated

I had to do a slight bit of research and I found out that it might be the torque converter. The clutch can generate vibrations for a brief moment while changing gears.

I'll link you to the page that I found as it's a bit wordy.

http://uberlame.com/a6_tsb/Transmission/Chirping,%20hooting,%20squeaking%20noise%20when%20shifting%20between%203-4.pdf

Glen!

hi thanks for reply, that look slikes it for the c6 and mines a c5, also auto and mines a manual. there are no vibrations when changing gear, just a jerk. which can be made smooth nursing the clutch, or if your booting it and quick change so engine doesnt move if that makes sense.

OK fair enough. It was the best answer I could find. Well my guess in that case is that it has something to do with the transmission engaging. My Dads old Beemer did it for a couple of months a while ago. Thing is, it fixed itself.

Glen.