Tracking my new car build

Mr Gratis

Hi everyone

I've found this forum in the hope that someone can help out. I've ordered a new A5 and am obviously very excited about getting it but I'm struggling a little with the dealership in getting information.

I was told when I ordered the car that I could track the progress of the build online but I've only just received my order number, after asking for it on 4 occasions, and now I'm told that the tracking facility is only accessible to Audi staff.

Has anyone either heard of what I'm referring to or even better actually used the tracking facility?

It's not going to speed the process up but it will help me organise the selling of my current car so I can limit the amount of time I have without a car.

Thanks in advance

I've heard of the tracker but I haven't used it myself. But if you're using it to help time the selling of your current car which you sound like you do then you could wait until the new car arrives and then sell the old one. Unless if there's something I don't know that prohibits that course of action.

Glen.

Hi Glen

I think you may have got a little confused as to what I was asking.

I was told by the sales rep that it would be possible for me to check on the progress of a new car that I had just ordered. By this I mean view the progress of the car from factory to delivery (all the way from shipping etc)

I wouldn't want to sell my current car without knowing a more realistic delivery date as I need to have a car to get around and I've heard some stories about delayed deliveries so wouldn't want to risk anything.

I have however been told today that the sales rep has now realised he may have misled me slightly. The tracking facility is only available to the dealership and not customers directly.

Makes sense. It doesn't sound like I was confused.

I was suggesting it would be a good idea to keep the car and wait until the new arrived before selling the old car. Technically you don't need to know when the new one will be delivered as you could use the old one until the new car was in your possession And then try to sell it, once you're already driving your new car. The fact that you didn't want to be without a car seemed to be the root of the problem.

In any case it does sound like the salesman was unsure of the tracker himself.

Glen.