No Throttle response at all!!

G4VHD

Ok got my A3 last night, brought knowing it was broken.

I thought, didnt look into it did I!! that it was a cable body but soon realised its a DBW

Now when i start the car and hit the peddle i get 1 slight blip of revs and then nothing after that.

After the one blip there is no response to the throttle at all

Any ideas guys?

A3 1.8T Quattro 2000 .

I would check the throttle sensor itself. It's a bit of an attachment to a cable that does what it says, senses how much pressure is going through the pedal. Thing is it's an electrical device which I think could develop glitches over time. From what I've seen on Google it would be an easy thing to fix.

I found this and thought it might help.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/throttle-position-sensor-troubleshooting.html

Glen.

Hi all. Is the EPC light on G4VHD? It does indeed sound like an EPC fault (electronic power control, the fly by wire throttle pedal to throttle body arrangement). The throttle pedal with the sensor will be quite easy to remove and can be tested using a basic digital multimeter by carrying out a resistance test and pressing the pedal slowly to check the plausibility of the reading. Unfortunately I can not remember which pins you need to be checking (as you can probably appreciate, it is difficult to remember all the wiring diagrams for older cars off the top of my head). It may also be worth getting a cheap fault code reader or seeing if anybody near you has one (better still a VAGcom) and tell me what fault is stored in the ECU event memory (if any). If I remember rightly, sometimes the throttle body was fused separately on older 1.8T engines so it might be worth looking at the fuse list too.

By the way, if you can find somebody with a VAG com, you could read the throttle pedal position through measured value blocks and save having to remove it to check with a multimeter. You could also carry out a basic setting on the throttle body to verify it is working properly.

Hope this helps, Tech.