Chip Express???

Benn1e

I have driven a toyota with a chip and the difference is noticible. Apparently these kits are more designed for German cars, well they simply work better.

They are pretty safe

HI Steve,

Thanks for this.

I had seen it on eBay so contacted the seller.

he had it on his car for about 2 years and said it was great on long journeys, then the worrying part....

he had to take his car to the garage because of a slipping clutch... they said it was due to this chip creating too much power?

I don't do too many long journeys so desided to leave it as I think the cost of a clutch would out waythe savings in the long run...

Cheers

Ben

I had a "Bluefin" remap on my last car, a Mondeo 2.2 turbo diesel. It increased the power from 155 to 178 bhp. I also added a decat to improve the throttle response and a bigger intercooler to stop the power loss in warm weather, caused by Ford's undersized standard item. After 2 years, I did start to get a slipping clutch when accelerating hard uphill. I take care not to ride the clutch, only giving it the beans when the clutch pedal is fully up.

So my advice is to keep it standard. If you want more power, sell it and get a car with a bigger engine and the brakes & power train built to match it.

I've currently got one I need to get rid of myself from my old car (Golf).  Mine is great, it was not cheap as I bought it new, but it was worth it.

It took my Golf TDI PD 100 from 100 to 130 apparently, but it felt like more after driving plenty of standard 130 Golf GT TDI's.

It also has jumpers inside to change the algorithm to how much power you want, to prevent clutch problems of over-fueling etc and it can be re-flashed by the manufacturer for a small fee to adapt it to any other power of 1.9 TDI PD engine

Tech

Hi Bald Eagle,

I think your spot on there.

I was thinking about it purely to get more miles out of the tank.

but I agree if you want a car sportier or better on fuel , buy the model designed to do it as it will effect something else on the car