New Gear Knob help

DeeGee68

Hi ALL!!!

I am looking to fit a custom gear knob (GENUINE 8-ball) from Limebug on my AUDI A3 Sportback and have been looking on various sites as to how to do this. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be much information and I am a little hesitant to attempt this without knowing how to go about this.

I also need to know what size 'gear shift knob adaptor reducer' I will need, as there are so many sizes available from the online shop selling the custom gear knob I want.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give in advance.

ATVB!

David

• 2 weeks later...

If the retailer cannot give you the right advice they don't deserve your money.

I also tried to ask AUDI for the information but they can only offer part numbers as it is in their interests to promote their products. Short of trying to take the gear knob off myself (limited mechanical skills) I will have to keep l;ooking for someone who may have the information I require....

David.

Yes, any dealership will only sell genuine parts supplied from the motor manufacturer or approved suppliers.  If they sold or fitted parts from other sources, then they run the risk of voiding the manufacturer's warranty for you.

I've had a look at Limebug's web site and they seem have the usual "Contact us" form, email address and phone number.  Why not phone them and ask how it's done on your car?  Or see if you can drop in for them to actually point things out for you?  Maybe have a road trip to Stoke on Trent and see someone at their Visitor Centre?

Best of luck!

BE

• 3 months later...