London ULEZ charge question

mn1acc

Hi there fellow Audi owners,

For any London owners, I have a question that I would very much appreciate any insight on. I own a 2014 plate Audi Q7 S LINE TDI Quattro. According to the Transport for London ULEZ check website, this car apparently falls foul of the London ulta low emission zone (ULEZ) standards and therefore is liable to the £12.50 daily charge. I had initially thought I would need to buy a 2015 plate which are mainly Euro 6 compliant. However when i start to put some other Audi Q7 2014 plates registrations (with same specifications) into the TFL ULEZ vehicle checker, some come out as being compliant. Even more surprising, but i have found Q7s going back as far as 2011 which are ULEZ compliant according to the TFL site. Does anyone have any insight into this as to what is determining the why the seemingly same vehicle can register ULEZ whilst others dont. 

Thanks so much,
Andy

• 3 years later...

It's a nightmare. If you're trying to prove your box you'll need a certificate of conformity from Audi. 

Also bare in mind personal registrations aren't recognised by tfl and will charge. 

Hi Steve

I am not sure that you are correct in saying that personal registrations aren't recognised. I have a personal plate on my e-tron GT and live inside the zone, but I have had no post yet.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I am just enquiring to establish if we have any good news stories with 3.0 tdi cd clean diesels registered prior to 2016, I understand that you need to present to TFL the v5c and a certificate of conformity...i am assuming the issue is the TFL consider all pre 2016 not euro 6 compliant even companies like Audi were 'early adopters.. 

Edited by Peterc78

On 1/30/2024 at 8:18 PM, Peterc78 said:

Thanks I am just enquiring to establish if we have any good news stories with 3.0 tdi cd clean diesels registered prior to 2016, I understand that you need to present to TFL the v5c and a certificate of conformity...i am assuming the issue is the TFL consider all pre 2016 not euro 6 compliant even companies like Audi were 'early adopters.. 

Tfl are out to rob people. You will definitely need the certificate of conformity