Urgent help please 2000 Alroad just stops!

Kelyan

Hi there , I have a 2000 Audi all road Diesel  that keeps just stopping, when  driving my Allroad   just stops !   it appears to  just die , there seems to be no commonality  with the issue.  The  car drives perfectly   and then it appears fuel  just stops getting  to the  engine , the aa  have rescued me twice  and my garage have had it for 2 weeks,  the issue  is that there are no fault codes  displayed,  thus far we  have changed the  crank sensor  but  its has made no difference, any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, injection pumps are not uncommon for failing on this engine but it is a very expensive guess.  Usually when they fail the car will not start at all.  Other than that, the 2.5 TDI is usually a strong engine.  It may be worth checking for metal swarf in the fuel pump though.  

Tech.

PS.  If the fuel pump does turn out to be the issue, these can be re-conditioned much cheaper than they can be purchased new.