Tyre options

Jamesxx

Hi guys

I'll be needing to put 4 new tyres on in the very near future , and was wondering if any of you guys have tried the new General Grabber GT tyres ?

Or , is there a tyre on the market that you would recommend I should use ?

I had General Grabber AT 's on my Discovery 3 , but after reading a few forums I found a lot of people run their Q7 on General Grabber UHP 's , which is what's fitted to mine .

They no longer make the UHP version and have replaced it with a GT , which they say is made for high performance suv's like the Q7 .

I'll maybe fit them anyway so I can let you know what they're like .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi JamesXX

How's the Q& doing with the new Grabber GT tyres?

...also what's the noise level like?

Its that time for me too and i've got to say that compared to a lot of other Q7 owners I have been fortunate, last tyre change was 2.5 years ago and she's done about 20k miles in that time   :)

Hiya . Yea , Q7 going well thanks . Just fitted new rear discs and brake pads.

Grabber GT's doing great so far , they look good and handle great on wet or dry roads.

I think they are quiet enough for the width of tyre they are . I ran the AT version on my old Discovery3 and was impressed by them , so had no hesitation in choosing the same brand for the Q7.

I was getting around 20k miles on at set of the AT's .

• 2 months later...

Hiya . Yea , Q7 going well thanks . Just fitted new rear discs and brake pads.

Grabber GT's doing great so far , they look good and handle great on wet or dry roads.

I think they are quiet enough for the width of tyre they are . I ran the AT version on my old Discovery3 and was impressed by them , so had no hesitation in choosing the same brand for the Q7.

I was getting around 20k miles on at set of the AT's .

Hi James

If you don't mind I was wondering how much it cost for the discs and pads as mine are looking like needing changing ...John

Hi . Total bill including VAT was around £220.

I used APEC pads and discs .

Replaced handbrake shoes also and sensor wires .

I thought £220 for all that was ok . My local garage charges £35/hour for labour.

Discs are about £40 each.

• 8 months later...

Useful information. Thanks.

Just a quick question for you as you said you do mostly motorway miles, I'm mostly doing short trips on country roads and getting 22 mpg, and was wondering what you're getting from motorway driving?

• 9 months later...