Newbie from Scotland (Kirriemuir).

combwork

Hi.

Great Start, I pressed the wrong button and wiped my newbie post. I've just joined. Having bought a  2.6 liter Audi 80 Estate over the 'phone I'm wondering what I've got myself into. It's got tax (good), MOT (good) and noisy front wheel bearings (not so good; that's why I could afford it). There are two new bearings with the car plus various other bits and pieces. I've not got the car yet, deal done by email but it's local.

Please accept my apologies if this question has been asked and answered before but can anyone advise me on what's involved in replacing the bearings? I've done this kind of thing before but not on a front wheel drive car so I guess one way or another the hub has to come off the drive shaft first.

I'm self employed and have my own workshop. It's not car related but I think I can get the bearing out. While I'm there I guess it would make sense to fit new gators.

Previous cars include a Citroen BX and a Citroem XM Estate. I had a stroke (really) trying to figure out and repair what the previous XM owner had done to the wiring loom.

Jim.  aka  combwork