2014/64 A4 2.0TDI (150PS) S-Line Oil Change

Wesley949

Hi there,

I have an 11-day old Audi A4 2.0TDI (150PS) S-Line Multitronic and I love the car so much.  It is a much different class of car compared to the previous Ford vehicles I have owned in the past.

I have a few questions regarding the vehicles first Oil Change.  On the Infotainment/MMI system, the Oil Change is due in 689-days/18,300 miles.  

• Is this correct?  Almost 2-years for an Oil change.  
  • Doesn't the oil need to be changed on a new engine after a few Thousand miles?
  • I spoke to my Dealer and they advised me that the car will state on when the Oil is due for a change.  Can I still get the Oil changed when I want or does it have to be a set mileage?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but this is my first ever new car and I'm being cautious etc...

Thank-you for your assistance.

• 1 month later...

Its exactly right mate..

Mine is showing around another 120 days until my first service is due (oil shortly before).

It works out to around 19,000 miles for first service.

The oil used in diesel engines is long lasting and durable. No need to run in or change oil unlike most petrol engines

Hey there, thanks for your reply.

I had Audi Customer Services call me a few days ago stating the same issue, that what my vehicle is telling me is correct.  I am on a 2-year Service Plan due to the fact that I do a 360-mile round trip on the Motorway once a Month so there is no need for the Oil to be changed Annually.  The Oil used is a much better type, which is what you too have stated.  There is no harm in getting the Oil changed Annually but she advised me to book in it when it is required....unless anything causes concern during this period (touch wood it doesn't).

I think I was being cautious after my previous Ford Mondeo TDI...I was advised to have the Oil changed every 6-Months due to the fact that it's a Diesel engine and Diesel regularly seeps in to the Sump ruining the oil etc.... but I do like the 2-year interval, so thanks for your assistance fella.

• Like 1