Playing music from iPhone in car

Yokietoks

• 1 year later...

According to the video, it doesn't look like you can listen to your music via bluetooth but need this aux cable.  I don't have an aux cable installed in the glove box or centre console so it cannot be standard in my 2007 S6.  Any idea where it's meant to plug into?  

• Like 1

On 5/2/2016 at 9:28 PM, Trackside Tripod said:

According to the video, it doesn't look like you can listen to your music via bluetooth but need this aux cable.  I don't have an aux cable installed in the glove box or centre console so it cannot be standard in my 2007 S6.  Any idea where it's meant to plug into?  

Martin do you have the Audi AMI port?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

When I got my A6 2006 Avant it had the 6 CD changer in the glove box. I had bluetooth function for the phone (if you had one of the shark fin aerials on the roof I believe that generally means you have bluetooth connectivity) but doesn't have media functionality, you can just make calls.

I bought an AMI unit from eBay, (part no. 4E0 035 785 B), and replaced the CD changer - took 5 minutes. (I had already updated the MMI software to the latest versions with CDs I burned from the internet).

I then bought a Tune2Air bluetooth device from eBay. With an Audi AMI ipod cable, this plugs directly into the AMI unit, streams the music from your phone/ipod/whatever (iTunes, Spotify etc) through the stereo. Tracklisting with appear on the MMI screen for most devices, and tracks can be skipped with the < and > buttons.

All works perfectly, probably about £500 in total to do the work.

• Like 1

Thanks Andy

Spent a lot on the car, had a new turbo, air circulation valve, oil pump phewwwwww

I'm selling it this week and will go for another A6 or A7 recent models. 

I would love to have an A8 LWB but not many SLine versions 

Thanks for the information

• 3 months later...

Andy H83 I have just read your write up Did you update in one hit or in progressive stages, and to what update did you go to. I'm in 2007 A6 with a CD changer and would like to use my iPhone. I have never updated the software

Cheers