Iphone not recognised

Hi guys, I'm after some help, I've just purchased a 2012 Audi S3, delighted with the car, my problem is with the AMI/MMI. I have the sat navigation plus installed with the colour screen (after extensive searching I think it's the 2g high?, when the screen goes back there are 2 SD slots and DVDS rom for the sat nav DVD which needs to be in for it to work) it has a 2012 map DVD. I have the AMI in the glove box and the dealer gave me a cable for my iPhone 6, however, when I plug it in it says that it's not supported, I can connect the same phone to the blutooth no problem.

Is there something im missing when trying to connect the phone, maybe an outdated firmware? And if so, how can I find this out and get it upgraded, will a new map DVD update anything other than the sat nav?

I seem to be going round in circles and the dealer I bought the car is over 100 miles away.

Thanks for any help, greatly apreciated

• 1 month later...

Hi thanks for your reply, I got back in touch with my dealer and they sent me a different cable (one with the White grommet) and this seems to work, however I also bought a bluetooth reciever that attaches to the AMI and am using this as I don't need to have my phone connected in the glove box