2004 A4 1.8T oil leak HELP please

Bob Francis

Hi

I have an oil leak that is proving difficult to locate.  Just had the half moon gasket and cam tensioner done and this was definitely a problem as oil was originally leaking onto bell housing and this seems fine now.  The rocker gasket has also been done and the cam shaft seal (at the front I think) and the breather pipe checked and is clear.

Currently from underneath looking forwards with the trays off there seems to be oil on the right hand side of the 2 slim pipes running horizontal near the back of the engine, the left hand side looks ok (not sure if these pipes go into the oil cooler on the left side).  There also seems some residue around the drive shaft on the drivers side.  Looking from the front underneath there seems to be some oil around the starter motor.  Also looking into the engine from the front there is oily residue on what looks like a corrugated pipe I can see looking down over the CAT and then a bit deeper down.  Some of these areas are difficult to see and there might be residue from the previous half moon leak which was quite bad which the garage had not cleaned off properly.  The head gasket seems fine and the mechanic seems to think the turbo pipes are ok.  I had hoped that the half moon gasket and cam tensioner gasket replacement would have solved it totally but there is still a leak.  Sorry no photos as I just got a chance to look when the car was in the garage

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks

Bob

here are some photos looking into the engine from the left side when facing the engine.  The bell housing area has not shown any further leaks now that the half moon and can gasket seal have been replaced.

Thanks

Bob

post-4093-0-19393700-1429438649_thumb.jp

post-4093-0-18106000-1429438657_thumb.jp

post-4093-0-04545000-1429438670_thumb.jp

post-4093-0-38400900-1429438678_thumb.jp

post-4093-0-03586000-1429438687_thumb.jp

post-4093-0-25215900-1429438694_thumb.jp