Audi I-pod AMI cable (red grommet)

Metalgaff

Does anyone who has the above cable, know if you can play the tracks on the MMI via the above cable in a random order? As you don't seem to with the blue cable which I have fitted to my A3.

I've got the blue, just received my red lead from Amazon,so I can have album artwork displayed and music videos ,but it says device not supported.

Gutted must be the iPod not compatible ,plays music fine with the blue one

Do you think it's worth getting an Audi original cable as opposed to one from Amazon.

It looks like original has the part numbers on it and it was £27 so not cheap ,maybe it's the iPod but I'm not sure how to check it ,maybe I'll try on the AUDI sitefor compatibility

Should of gone to AUDI at least I could of retuned it I suppose

Update on (ADI red grommet ) lead, bitten the bullet ordered audi lead from my local dealer, coming in on Friday, will let you know how I get on with it.

Nice one

Please could you also tell me what iPod iPhone are you using

I know my iPod works ok nano 5 gen.

Just got iPhone 6 but it's got the Lightning connector so will need another addapter

Cheers

Hello Gary, I don't know what I-pod (generation) I have only its a 30 GB classic, and I have a 5s phone, which I play via Bluetooth via MMI.

Hello Gary, update on ADI lead (red grommet) got home this after with my new Audi lead, swapped leads,after I-pod loads MMI display reads (device not supported). Going to buy a later generation I-pod, by the way the Audi lead cost £36.

Thanks Peter

I've ordered another lead that plugs into the AUDI lead so it fits the Lightning socket of the new iPhone .(they have a tiny plug now )

Being a brand new i phone it should have the newest iPod software if that works I'll just use the phone for music .

What iPod you going for , let me know if you get the album artwork displaying ,

Just noticed you have an. iPhone 5 ,have you not tried playing music via lead ??

Gary

Good morning Gary , where did you get the lead with the lightning connector from so I could do the same with my I- phone. I don't know which I-pod to buy yet but I will have a look on e-bay or Amazon, will let you know how I get on, also have you got your new A3 yet?. Regards Peter .

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning Gary , where did you get the lead with the lightning connector from so I could do the same with my I- phone. I don't know which I-pod to buy yet but I will have a look on e-bay or Amazon, will let you know how I get on, also have you got your new A3 yet?. Regards Peter .

Received lead

Charges only still no joy with artwork

• 11 months later...

I've just gone through exactly the same.

I had the lead with the blue bit and an old ipod 80gb classic, the album art just would not work.

In the end I've copied all my music to an SD card and embedded the artwork using mp3tag (make sure the artwork is 300x300 or less). If you don't embed the artwork it will not show.

Now I have my album artwork showing :) (it took hours and hours to embed the artwork though, haha)