Parrot CK3000 update

I've recently bought an Audi A4 (B8) and it has a Parrot CK3000 kit fitted but it needs updating so that I can use it. There are a few people offering to update them at a reasonable price on a well known auction site but it would mean pulling my dash apart to find the blue box, but I'm not entirely sure I want/how easy it is to do this if there is an alternative way of updating via Bluetooth or something?

• Like 1

Jon, if you look on parrot's website it looks like the only way to update the CK3000 is via serial cable as it's an older model now:

http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/parrotck3000evolution/

The newer versions (MKi range) have USB now so much easier to update via a memory stick etc.

To be fair, it's likely (though not guaranteed) that the blue box will be situated somewhere behind your head unit so it may not be as difficult to reach as you expect.

I know but the cables are £30 and you still need access to the box, so I might as well remove it and let someone else update it for £10 on the bay B)

I did search for a guide to remove the head unit but couldn't find one - perhaps I will extend my search to Google.

I know but the cables are £30 and you still need access to the box, so I might as well remove it and let someone else update it for £10 on the bay B)

I did search for a guide to remove the head unit but couldn't find one - perhaps I will extend my search to Google.

Yes unfortunately I think that is the only way to update the older models. Depends how long you are going to keep it and whether you will want to update it again as to whether it is worth forking out the £30 for the cable I suppose...

I decided to buy the cable and do the update myself.

After pulling out the stereo etc. I traced the wires back to the box which had been installed between the glove box and fuse box - there was plenty of room and the installation looked neat with inline fuses and proper connectors so it was a good start.

I had a few goes at connecting and finally got to the flash programming stage where it stalled, so I unplugged it all, rebooted my laptop but the same happened again. It turns out the device properties need to be the same as the com speed :rolleyes:

During one of the attempts I made to connect, I tried it with the engine running when something a little odd happened. The parrot box had all the cables plugged in, and was connected to my laptop via the update cable but when the connection failed I unplugged the USB end of the update cable from my laptop leaving the other end in the parrot box and pressed the key and removed it to kill the engine but it kept running! So I pushed the key in again with my foot on the clutch but there was just a weird clicking noise coming from the front of the car, but the engine kept running so I tried a couple more times with no joy. It wasn't until I pulled the update cable (which was still not connected at the USB end) from the parrot box did the engine stop running..........does anyone know why this happened?

• 3 weeks later...

Me neither! It does make me question how it has been wired in! I've got it booked in with Quatro-Tech for a full service so I might ask them to have a quick look at it for me.

In any case, that car has been fine since, and my phone connects so the update worked :)

Me neither! It does make me question how it has been wired in! I've got it booked in with Quatro-Tech for a full service so I might ask them to have a quick look at it for me.

In any case, that car has been fine since, and my phone connects so the update worked :)

Good news, so a success then!  :)