Windscreen Problem

karenfingerhut

Hi all

Like my previous topic mentioned I have a brand new (2 months old) Audi A3 S Line Stronic 1.4 TFSI. Separate from my previous issue which I have now raised a complaint about, I also have (since day one) a squeaky windscreen. So every time it rains the windscreen or the windscreen wipers squeak. Audi have changed the blades and unfortunately the problem is still there. As well as this the blades judders. When I clean my windscreen with the cleaning stuff in the car it doesn't squeak, however when it rains it does. Very strange.

Audi have now come back to me and said this is a characteristic of the car. Again I am baffled to such a fob off with a brand new car. Maybe a few years down the line the windscreen squeaks but not from day one and to be told its normal. I'm getting very frustrated with Audi and there characteristic fob off. 

Does any else out there have or have had the same issue and if so was there a resolutions to it.

Kind regards

Karen

A squeaky windscreen is one of those annoying and often hard to rectify problems.

There's not a huge amount you can do really aside from trying out another high quality set of blades of giving the windscreen another good clean.

If you're finding that the washer fluid doesn't cause a squeak, why not try diluting some of that and using it as screen cleaner and wiping with a paper towel.

You could always try wiping the blades with this too.

Hi James

Thanks for replying.

I'll try another set of blades and cleaning the window with either some good polish (windscreen only) and diluted screen cleaner as you suggested.

I'm still baffled as to how Audi can accept this kind of issue with a brand new car though

LOL I know James. I changed my Audi A1 because there was a characteristic fault (their words) with it that they said they could only temporarily fix and that that there was no permanent fix for it as yet. And then I get these niggling problems with my new one. Got to laugh though.

Asked if they would change the window and they said no they wouldn't do that. Crazy!!!

Wow that's unlucky to get those niggling faults on two new cars... Audi should be happy that you are so loyal and decided to stay with the brand after that!

Have you complained to Audi UK about the windscreen issue or just the dealer? If not, I'd be inclined to try the cleaning/wiper change methods and then if not try pushing with Audi UK to see if you get anywhere.

Hi James yep complained to Audi UK and am currently dealing with them. They did advise me to go through Motor code who will give me the name of some mechanics who can potentially look at the problems and override Audis decision. If that happens they then deem the car as not fit for purpose. Want to keep the car just want the niggling noises to stop.

Fair enough... 

The trouble is once you have an annoying noise like that you literally can't hear anything else whilst driving the car and it takes all the enjoyment out of it.

I agree and thats the problem, i've homed in on it now and theres no getting away from it when it rains.... and you know how much rain we have in the UK!

Yes... a lot... and what's happened to the rest of summer!?  B)