Seat Belt

karenfingerhut

Hi 

So following on from the other issues with my new A3, I have have a problem with my drivers seat belt.

On an initial visit to Audi they heard the rattling noise it makes and said 'yes it shouldn't be doing that'. I get a call a day after to say actually its normal for it to do that and the reason its doing it is because of the position I have my seat in. They also said it doesn't make the noise when you have the seat further forward or further back. So basically change your driving position!!!

My issue is that thats the position I drive in and because it doesn't make the noise in any other position (apart from the sods law one I have it in) then it must be a fault. 

Again I think they're fobbing me off.

Can I please have your thoughts.

Many thanks

Karen

Oh dear not another fault Karen  :(

From what you have described that does sound like you're being fobbed off a little bit to me.

I suppose if you had the seat in one of the far extremes e.g all the way in or all the way out they could just about say it's putting stress on it or something but not if it's in the middle somewhere.

Hi James

I know its ridiculous.

The good thing is that they are acknowledging the issues, but the bad thing is they are saying they are characteristics. However I know someone who bought exactly the same car as me a month ago and they have no issues whatsoever. So Characteristic my foot!!!!

Hi James

I did speak to the complaints dept at Audi and they agreed that it was a bit strange that the seat belt's fine in all positions apart from the one I drive in. I said if i'm not happy with the outcome I would seek legal advice and they said they would help me with it but if it does come back as faulty and can't be fixed then they would look at getting me in another car ........not holding my breath though!!!.....

They've also got a professional window cleaning company to polish the windscreen to see if that stops the squeaking. However its like getting your car waxed, over a period of time it comes off and the shines gone. So the same with the windscreen it might be an interim fix but once the polish has come off its probably back to squeaking

The rattle on the break pedal....Audi have asked them to record/video the noise

On a positive note, they did a health check on the car and all came back ok haha

Watch this space.