key fob/ ignition problem

foogy

Earlier today my A4 wouldnt start when I pushed the key fob into the ignition slot,it would turn over once then just cut out, then after a couple of attempts the engine would turn over but wouldnt start so I called the AA who had a quick look and turned the key fob around and tried it, started instantly! But they reckoned there could be a problem with something sticking in the ignition slot but couldnt be sure so he recommended taking it to a garage to be checked out as the AA wont respond if it happens again and I havent had it repaired, so has anyone else had problems similar to this and if so is it an easy fix or a job for an Audi dealer. Cheers!

Earlier today my A4 wouldnt start when I pushed the key fob into the ignition slot,it would turn over once then just cut out, then after a couple of attempts the engine would turn over but wouldnt start so I called the AA who had a quick look and turned the key fob around and tried it, started instantly! But they reckoned there could be a problem with something sticking in the ignition slot but couldnt be sure so he recommended taking it to a garage to be checked out as the AA wont respond if it happens again and I havent had it repaired, so has anyone else had problems similar to this and if so is it an easy fix or a job for an Audi dealer. Cheers!

Not trying to dispute what the AA said at all, but I've never heard of anything quite like that.

Are you sure it wasn't just a coincidence that the car started when the AA got to you? Got to be worth a second opinion at least?