Losing power

Dave24

Hi, i am new to here and this is my 1st audi i have owned. When i am driving and get upto around 60mph my car seems to lose power a bit and struggles getting up past 60mph. I have a 1.9tdi and i have been told it might be my glow plugs that are needing changed? Any help would be great, cheers

• 1 year later...

I agree with @James, I had this issue, resulted in me having to have a new turbo then a new ECU but run proper diag first. but yeah exactly the same issue! so I feel it's the Turbo, It's going into "Limp mode"

UPDATE: 

2 years old this post, still look at my response for anyone having the same issue.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input Brad-B5 it seems like a common fault that a lot of Audi's and other turbocharged cars suffer from the variable vanes gumming up with carbon and flagging up the fault in the ECU resulting in the car going into Limp Home.

Sometimes, flushing through with proprietary cleaners helps but if gone too far then replacement turbo or cassette is required.

Other areas to consider are also as already mentioned, boost leaks (intercooler, hoses) and also boost solenoids going faulty.

• Like 1