no lights............ help?

mustbemad:)

OK, so this may sound odd but first the left dipped headlight wouldnt come on when hubby left work, next morning both worked fine.... few days later the right dipped beam woudlnt work and continued not to work to the point where it looked almost dim not blown but visibly dim (these bulbs are HID zenon bulbs) then the right stoped working period. so He bought new ones and swapped them both out. they both worked for ten minutes he stopped to get fuel so turned the engine off and on restarting the car neither worked. 

He played about with them at work for around an hour looking at fuses, relays and even trying the original bulbs but nothing got them working again, my hubby isnt stupid when it comes to cars as thats how he makes his money kind of.... (building race engines) so he then had no lights coming home, next morning tried them again and still nothing so had to take the wifes MGTF ...(not impressed) then I went out a couple of hours later and warmer in the day and they worked. but when hubby came home they sadly didnt work again.

same again the next day not working and the same for the rest of the week however tried the other day and they both came on, when they are on they dont flicker ... thats if he can ever get them on... so he thinks either baslast or ignighter.... has anyone else had this issue and knows how to resolve it? as he is fed up driving my car as much as i hate letting him drive her.....

thanks in advance