New Kid, pls check out my content.

Sam06

Hello. 

Love my new ( to me ) A4 2.0 tdi. Such a quality machine......it was looked after by one lady from new, only just taken it to 87k. It didn't have cruise control so had it fitted-looks smart, connects to the dash (green signal) which is good to see-well worth the money. 

The previous owner ONLY used V-Power Diesel.......I still use it but can anyone please tell me if its worth the money as the prices of regular diesel has dropped so much in price. 

Had it remapped, which I love how it pulls, and performs. I do 24 miles a day-to work, some is dual-carriageway, I don't need to red line it to give it a really nice pull and it still feels more than comfortable to cruise at 70 (or 80......70 officer!!!!). 

I would like to discuss putting 2 Stroke oil in with diesel......(wrong area to discuss???) which Iv done for over 3 weeks, Iv researched it and even RAC talk about it-recommend it. The Yanks have been doing it for years and friends of friends recommended it, Google it.......! 

Catch ya laters peeps!!!

Regards 

Sam

Hi Sam, welcome to the club :biggrin:

In terms of V power diesel or any "super" fuel the benefits are generally minimal but it can work at the same cost or often cheaper than adding additives to the tank. The main benefit of these fuels is usually added detergents that help keep the fuel system clean and sometimes offer slightly better fuel economy. Seems a shame not to run on it though if the car has had it all of its life...

I've seen some people talk about 2 stroke but there seems to be mixed opinions. Personally, if you're already running V power diesel that to me is enough and there should be no need to start messing around with 2 stroke oil too... just my opinion though.