B7 convertible

Bengi

Hi guys first post, I'm looking into buying a b7 cabrio just looking for some assistance of which engines to keep away from or ones what are most reliable. Is there any problems or common problems which I should looks for. I'm looking at around the 2006-2008 model with aprox 60-70k on the clock. Ideally s line model any help will be much appreciated and I look forward to taking part in the forum further 

I have a 2007 s-line a4 cab 20'L TDi, nice car EXCEPT centre arm rest catches break, they have problems with glove box mechs and flimsy hinges and at 91k miles mine needs 2 x injectors £1500 this seems to be fairly common, the audi badge shakes loose from the engine cover, they come with bose or non bose audio systems, the non bose one is better and unless you get all the toys you'll find you have a couple of buttons on the steering wheel which do nothing. boot space is limited and if you put the stowage box up it can be difficult to get down again to a position where the sensors will allow hood operation. and erratic or lumpy idle comes as the norm

• 1 month later...

Sorry to butt In I have the same car and have developed a problem that my hood opens but doesn't close again I have to do it manually would the boot box be my problem as I am always putting the box up to get my shopping in the boot I have just posted if anyone can recommend  a repairer thanks.