Warning lights

Steve1

Just picked up my fantastic black s-line se with 40,000 on the clock and full audi history this afternoon. 

The car ran great after doing the 35 miles or so from the dealers to home and was not touched, as i had to go back to work,till late in the evening.

When i started the car late evening the glow plug light came on flashing plus the engine management light and would  not go off even after a few engine starts,great.

The car was perfect until i started it this evening and with relatively  low milage i did not expect any problems for quite  a long time.

Has any one come across this type of fault and what was done to put it right.The cars under warranty but not having it 24 hours and already having issues does not look good.

Thanks.

Could be a number of things. You need to get it plugged into diagnostics so it can point you in the right direction. Did you purchase it from an Audi dealer?

Just sounds like bad luck to me and not necessarily a sign of things to come.

Thanks James hope your right.

Just had a call from the dealers the fault being the throttle body.

They actually  called it the throttle actuator just under the egr valve,3 bolts and an electrical  connector looks so easy to replace.

Apparently  very common regardless  of mileage "the electric motor in it starts to stick".

Any way new one ordered from Audi should get it back tomorrow so hope every things ok and back to how it should be.

So looking forward to getting the car back and driving to best car that i have ever owned.

Will give an update once the cars back,fingers crossed.

Its a 2011 A4 S-Line 2.0 tdi special edition with 40k on the clock with full Audi service history.

I hope James as you mentioned it was just a case of bad luck as i dont really expect  any issues for quie along time due to age and mileage.

A good blast on the motorway now and then should keep the dpf in check but only time will tell.