Dipstick

Steve1

The 2.0 desiel A4 s line ive just purchased does not have a dipstick just the tube with a removable cap.

Not really sure if i like the idea of the computer on the screen giving me my oil level.

Have spoken to TPS and they only have a listing for the dipstick tube not the dipstick itself.

Can any one point me in the right direction for getting hold of one.

Theres a guy on eBay stating he is selling the correct dipstick for the 2.0 B8 but it seems too long plus TPS are saying they have not a listing makes me think it will be wrong.

No they told me only the dipstick tube is available  but a friend of mine has been told while servicing Audi's the Audi mechanics have a "work shop dipstick"

they use so they are not in and out of cars checking oil evels on the screen.So much quicker and efficient i think than having to be in and out every two seconds.

13 hours ago, Steve1 said:

No they told me only the dipstick tube is available  but a friend of mine has been told while servicing Audi's the Audi mechanics have a "work shop dipstick"

they use so they are not in and out of cars checking oil evels on the screen.So much quicker and efficient i think than having to be in and out every two seconds.

Definitely. I have heard of the workshop ones but I thought they weren't quite the same as a bog standard one?

I purchased one from tps and  cut it under the maximum mark which now comes the  minimum  mark as higher up the dip stick there is a moulded plastic bit on the wire its self that now is the max mark.

It fits great as before i cut it it was too long but now i have a physical mark to work off.

DSC_0004.JPG

Makes sense to me Steve. Thanks for posting the info on the solution you've found. I think there was another member asking about it the other day too!

The part number James is the one in the technical details on the link you sent from Amazon.

Exactly the same one i got from the eBay guy  03L115611E.

The company i work for has an account with TPS so i paid about £7.50 + vat obviously  a trade price so Amazon and this eBay guy seem to be making a healthy  profit, but nothing wrong in that i guess.

Regarding the dipstick my  brother purchased a 1.8 TT middle of last year and i got him the same dipstick to replace his broken one and orange dipstick tube that fails.

Sorry Steve completely missed that on the Amazon link :blink:

I guess the guy is making a nice little bit from the Amazon sales but obviously people are buying them.

Definitely a strange thing for Audi to do - not including a dipstick. Having the digital readout is OK, but definitely good to have the manual check as well.

Totally agree James. The tubes there but no dipstick ,a strange one indeed but as you say nice to have a manual check.

May be the tube is there for the benefit  of the Audi technicians when the cars in for service so they can use the "holy dipstick" lol.