Cambelt, Tensioner, Waterpump Audi main Dealer

Chris2511

Hello ladies and gents,

My first post as a new Forum member

I have just sold my Mini cooper S that i owned for 3 1/2 years as i require more space due to a new addition to the

family arriving in August. I decided to buy a A4 Avant S-line 2005 which ticks all the boxes, lovely to drive and so much more

comfortable and quiet loads of space and more fuel efficient than the mini.

The cambelt was changed out just over 4 years ago according to service book at a main Audi Dealership down south. it has just gone over 99K miles still feels like new

so i have sent a couple of emails off to get a price for the cambelt, tensioner,  water pump to be changed and was quoted the following from Preston/Blackburn Audi......

"We actually have a very good offer on at the moment that will accommodate your vehicle.

We are offering -  Cambelt And Tensioner Replacement including Water Pump replacement and coolant replacement for £455 inc all parts VAT and labour and ALSO this comes with Free MOT’s For Life – every MOT from now on will always be free at any Audi branch.This offer is only on until the end of March. I can offer you a Courtesy Car, Collection and Delivery or Taxi to Preston Train Station – all free of charge.We will need the Car all day as it is a 5 hour job and we will also carry out a Free Health Check and Wash and Vac."

My Friend who works in a local garage said he could do it for £420 using genuine Audi parts and free Air con refill minus the free MOT's for life, which isn't a major issue as i have read about some of the issues people have had in the past with the free MOT's and Audi main dealerships making a big list of parts needed to be changed, i kind of want to trust them but i don't!

My Gut says to get my friend to do the work, the price seems reasonable.

Have any of you had this work done at a main dealer?

sorry for the longest ever first post in Audi forum history :-)

Cheers Appreciate it

Chris

To be fair that price from an Audi dealer doesn't sound too bad at all. In all honesty for the small difference I'd be tempted to go for that.

If you keep your car in good condition you shouldn't really have anything they can pick on come MOT time.