SD card sat nav updates?

Boz1055

I think you just have to suck it up and buy the newer one unfortunately. If you're current one isn't that old you could always try selling it on eBay to make up some of the cost? Also, is yours a 65 plate? If so I personally wouldn't waste your money on the update yet as it won't be that different.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2016 at 3:11 PM, Able211 said:

I seem to have seen something on Audi web site about downloading updates onto a 32G sd card, but can't actually find the download.

Is that a map update or just firmware?

Found this  - not sure if applicable to all models though - Customers can continue to use a computer to download the data from the myAudi platform (www.audi.de/myaudi) and transfer the map data to the car on an SD card

• Like 1

I picked up my new A3 Cab' a week ago. It was supplied with an SD card for the Sat Nav, dated 2016. Like others, I feel most annoyed that it is already out of date. It does not have changes made to major roads around me last year. How can I trust it elsewhere?

I too use TomTom on my iPhone and yes, it is updated regularly. When I ordered the car (back end of last year) the SatNav was an extra. By the time the car arrived, it was included within the standard car. I am really annoyed that I can't trust it. My dealer tells me he has supplied the latest map and that he does not know when the next update is due, but that, when it does arrive, the usual cost is c.£150 for an update. For a car costing upwards of £36k, this is appalling.

Cant you manually update maps as per below  - this is taken from audi website/brochure

Map updates

The map version delivered can be updated with the first 5 updates which are issued at intervals of 6 months. The current

navigation data can be downloaded from the myAudi Platform

at audi.com/myaudi and installed in the vehicle via SD card.

As a side issue, can you confirm whether the Sat Nav option amount was deducted from your invoice, on the basis that it later became standard fit  - I ask because the same thing has happened with me regarding cruise control on the order I recently placed!

Thanks Mistac.

I followed you link but couldn't find a UK option and so I couldn't progress. Any advice?

WRT you question - the car price had gone up in the interim (to include the Sat Nav) and, whilst it is always challenging to work our the "dark art" of car pricing on a PCP and when handing a car back (previously obtained via a PCP, there wasn't much difference as it all balanced out.

Mistac - For some reason, in trying to register on myaudi (using my Mac) wouldn't allow me to see any other countries below the level of Switzerland. I had to use my iPad to access fully. I think I would have to have Audi Connect (which I don't) to access the 5 sat nav updates - unless you (or anyone else) tells me otherwise.

6 hours ago, Rob-H said:

Mistac - For some reason, in trying to register on myaudi (using my Mac) wouldn't allow me to see any other countries below the level of Switzerland. I had to use my iPad to access fully. I think I would have to have Audi Connect (which I don't) to access the 5 sat nav updates - unless you (or anyone else) tells me otherwise.

sorry but I don't have an Audi yet as still waiting, but just saw above info - sure someone else with greater knowledge will advise  - there is another alternative Audi forum (not sure I am supposed to say that so will not name it unless someone says I can!) that seems to get far most posts/posters so you could try that ?

Yes, disappointed with sat Nav update procedure. As a matter of interest, I have sent an e mail to the German head office, as yet, no reply! Will advise of the answer! Watch this space.

2016 A3 owner.

It's service@audi.de

I haven't had a reply yet, rather suspect not going to get anywhere with this, very disappointed with this aspect, ie , Sat Nav, otherwise love the car.

I am adjusting to mine. My last 2 cars were A5 Cab's, so there are differences in downsizing - some unexpected. I had the old shape A3 cab' prior to these, but the new A3 is vey pretty - much better in shape than the old A3 Cab'. The A5s were lovely but were rather underpowered with the 2.0TDi and the car often felt a bit big!! So, I thought I'd try the new shape A3 Cab'. I wasn't expecting to have to manually drop the boot box (into which the roof folds) - the A5 did it automatically. The A5 automatically "feeds" the seat belt forwards when you switch the engine on - the A3 doesn't. The A3 (being a quattro) doesn't have a spare wheel, where the A5 did. Other than that (and of course the SatNav), it has been a joy. I can get used to the other things but, unless Audi can provide a SatNav that is updateable and trustworthy, I will continue to use TomTom on my iPhone and annoy my wife with the power cord trailing over the dashboard !!!

Have had a call back from the UK office. Apparently, the map service is provided by a 3rd party, it seems there is only 1 update each year, so I have been told, and the guy who rang me, "thinks" there is a charge for updating? As my map in my brand new A3 is not up to date, I wasn't too impressed with his response, although he's going to investigate and get back to me. The story continues!

I have had a holding response from Audi UK Customer care, saying someone will call me...............zzzzzzzzzzzzz

The case for the SD card "fitted" to the SatNav in my 2 week old car, states it is 2016, despite being out of date. 

As soon as I hear anything I'll post. 

A3 16plate Sportsback.

Had call back from their Milton Keynes office, and was told basically"bad luck"! I have to wait until next update and pay for that! He couldn't even tell me when the update is due, but only updated once a year! I must admit,  am quite disappointed with the update procedure for the Sat Nav, the download procedure on the web refers to the touch screen version only. For a quality car manufacturer, I am quite surprised at Audi, for the apparent offhand attitude to supplying an out of date map with a brand new car! BUT, I still love the car, I'll just have to be aware of speed limits which have been changed in the past 12 months!

I had a similar phone-call, with the exception that he was going away to look into it and would contact me again.

I explained that the car I bought has "Navigation" in its title and thus Audi are more wedded to its Sat NAv than merely via a third party.

Also, if you can have 5 upgrades via Audi Connect, then the 3rd Party obviously does provide upgrades, but only via Audi Connect. they should allow us to download the upgrades onto an SD card in the same way.

Still waiting.Insert other media

I placed a comment on Audi Facebook page, which was picked up by Audi couple of days age, as yet, no reply. Tempted to mention to car magazines that the Sat Nav leaves a little to be desired!