New S4 owner

Davidc
聽Share

Hello all,

finally found the S4 I was looking for! 2012 red saloon, s tronic...

pick it up this week sometime hopefully, will give me time to trawl聽through this site for hints and tips...

馃憤

• Like 1

Welcome to AOC Davidc, get some pics up when you get the car, sounds a nice one, any ideas of what you want to do with it or will it stay in its natural form聽

Thanks,

think I will want to 聽get the s tronic re mapped , possibly by revo...not sure about anything else yet, it's pretty potent standard to be fair..!

possibly a KN filter in the air box as well...but that's about it.

Hi David, congratulations on the purchase! Looking forward to some photos and initial impressions when you collect聽:biggrin:

I'm sure you have a few sleepless nights between now and collection!

2 hours ago, James said:

Hi David, congratulations on the purchase! Looking forward to some photos and initial impressions when you collect聽:biggrin:

I'm sure you have a few sleepless nights between now and collection!

hello, yea, looking forward to it..!!...think my finance is all sorted so i guess i could get it tomorrow or thursday.

here's hoping anyway聽

4 hours ago, James said:

Any news David?

Yea, finance all done, should be able to pick it up later tomorrow or Friday.聽

Will push them to let me have it tomorrow, getting itchy feet waiting...

Finally picked it up!

fantastic drive back from Burton, lovely to drive and the kick in sport mode is going to be hard to resist!!

time to get a service plan from Audi 聽so hopefully won't have too much to worry about for a few years.

pics up soon.

Very nice indeed, I'd say the sport mode definitely makes the adrenaline rush lol, health to drive Davidc and keep us up to date on any upgrades or changes.

2 hours ago, James said:

Very nice David, looks great in red too. Bet you racked up a few miles this weekend?

well, yes, a bit... wife had been away for work so didn't stray too far but when we did we went in mine rather than hers!!

fuel gauge isn't performing well though!!! 聽.. although i think that's my heavy foot and sport mode.

so far so good anyway, its really a great car.

14 hours ago, James said:

Glad you're enjoying it! I wouldn't worry too much about the fuel consumption during the honeymoon phase! What did you drive previously?

Had an FN2 civic type R for 4 years. Much better car than a few sites/people give it credit for. Never had 1 problem with it and was a great drive in the right situation. Obviously the Audi is in a different league specification and outright pace wise. As much I loved the civic I have quickly got used to the S4 and can see my next car being another Audi already. Not even checked my mpg yet, enjoying it too much!聽

14 hours ago, Davidc said:

Had an FN2 civic type R for 4 years. Much better car than a few sites/people give it credit for. Never had 1 problem with it and was a great drive in the right situation. Obviously the Audi is in a different league specification and outright pace wise. As much I loved the civic I have quickly got used to the S4 and can see my next car being another Audi already. Not even checked my mpg yet, enjoying it too much!聽

Interesting comparison thanks David. Out of interest did you test drive the latest civic type r?

22 hours ago, James said:

Interesting comparison thanks David. Out of interest did you test drive the latest civic type r?

My plan was to get the new type R actually but I can't get past the looks.. It's a bit too OTT for me and the interior is very garish and not the best quality for a聽拢30k car. It's fast and handles well but it felt abit flimsy and could imagine some rattles etc quite quickly. Horses for courses really as I can imagine a lot of people really liking it.... The s4 is definately quicker and a much nicer place to be sat in. The wife would have disowned me if I had rolled up in a new type R!... It's not her favourite ..

10 hours ago, Davidc said:

My plan was to get the new type R actually but I can't get past the looks.. It's a bit too OTT for me and the interior is very garish and not the best quality for a聽拢30k car. It's fast and handles well but it felt abit flimsy and could image some rattles etc quite quickly. Horses for courses really as I can imagine a lot of people really liking it.... The s4 is definately quicker and a much nicer place to be sat in. The wife would have disowned me if I had rolled up in a new type R!... It's not her favourite ..

Interesting - I did have a sit in the new Type R at a motor show last year and I agree the looks are very "in your face" and the other thing I came away thinking was that it surprised me how large it is. I guess all hatchbacks are getting bigger though - have you seen the latest Renault Clio? It's huge!