Audi 90

Janelucas

Hi, I'm new to the Audi owners club. I have a 1990 Audi 90 2.3SE with just under 211,000 miles on the clock. Original engine, gearbox & clutch. Bodywork needs some attention - starting to rust in places where we have had repairs done over the years. I'm considering options as to whether to invest in having bodywork repaired or cut my losses and sell the car, but am curious on what I could expect to sell it for - anyone have any experience or advise, suggestions as to what I could expect to sell it for. I've had the car for a good number of years and it has rarely let me down.

HI Jane,

It's almost a classic but with a few issues and lots of miles on it I would have though you're unlikely to get much for it unfortunately. It would probably be only financially worth spending money on if it has any sentimental value to you.

Thanks for that; I'm of the same opinion but hubby has other ideas! We've both owned the car for a good number of years (bought it twice, long story) so he's struggling to let go! Appreciate your response, thank you 

23 hours ago, Janelucas said:

Thanks for that; I'm of the same opinion but hubby has other ideas! We've both owned the car for a good number of years (bought it twice, long story) so he's struggling to let go! Appreciate your response, thank you 

No worries, I know it can be difficult when you have that kind of history with a car.

You never know, you could always end up buying it a third time :wink:

I agree...the decision to keep or sell a car is rarely financial.  I sold my previous older Audi and regretted it for the two years I was without something out of the ordinary and finally gave in and searched for another...

8 minutes ago, BlackCoupe said:

I agree...the decision to keep or sell a car is rarely financial.  I sold my previous older Audi and regretted it for the two years I was without something out of the ordinary and finally gave in and searched for another...

Rob, do you run your coupe as a daily driver or is it a second car?

It was originally bought with the intention of using it as a second car but the family wagon needed replacing and couldn't justify two new cars and my 'toy' so I am now using it daily for my 45 mile commute...and enjoying every mile despite the sacrifices you make to drive a slightly older car (no cup holders for starters!)

17 hours ago, BlackCoupe said:

It was originally bought with the intention of using it as a second car but the family wagon needed replacing and couldn't justify two new cars and my 'toy' so I am now using it daily for my 45 mile commute...and enjoying every mile despite the sacrifices you make to drive a slightly older car (no cup holders for starters!)

Nice to hear it's being used daily! Any photos?