1994 Coupe 16v

David

Hi everyone,

Think I used to be a member of this formum years ago but lost my login details. Anyway I am still running my Coupe which I am lucky to have had from new. Now done 160K.  Have just purchased a S5 sportback but to be honest would have preferred another Coupe!

Have toured around Europe in this many times and only two years ago drove down to the South of France without any problems.

In January I broke down as the coil had failed. Sadly this an obsolete part and I ended up finding a used one on eBay. A few 100 miles later and I broke down again with the same problem. Anyone have any ideas why the coil should fail and also where I can source a replacement?

If one looks on the net there are plenty of third party new coils for sale but none which are suitable for the ACE engine so it seems I will have to search for another secondhand one.

P1000502.jpg

Hi

No picture was taken about 6 years ago in Julianas, Beaujolais region of France. Since then I have had a new stainless steel exhaust fitted as the original packed in after only 20 years. Fortunately original CAT still fine.

Yours looks in very good nick as well. Audi certainly built them to last as I have had very few problems with mine. Hardly any rust.

Hi David, great looking coupe and nice to see an owner that's had one for such a long time.

It seems like you and Rob a building up a bit of a a following for the coupe on here!

Do places like Euro Car Parts etc not offer a third party alternative? Seems pretty incredible if not - 90's cars may be old but they still don't seem THAT old to me!

There are lots of 3rd party coils advertised on the web but when you look more closely none fit the ACE engine. Why I do not know.  Think I have found a secondhand one now.

Like you I have recently bought a S5 but a sportback as need a hatchback, which in many ways is lovely but is not as much fun to drive as my old coupe.