Heater Making buzzing Sound Audi A4 B8 Black Edition 3.0 TDI V6 Quattro

AdamNajak

I have a 2014 Audi A4 3.0 TDI V6 Black Edition Quattro 

• The buzzing noise only happens after you have been driving for 2 minutes.
  • It only happens when the engine is on.
  • It only happens when its above 19 degrees when temperature is on low the sound fades off
  • I think it stops when the stop start system kicks in and turns engine off but starts again after engine comes on. (haven't been in enough traffic to be 100% certain on this)
  • The sound stops when the heater is turned off.
  • The sound comes from the dashboard area in front of the steering wheel
  • The sound reminds me of what happens when a speaker is picking up electrical static.

Link to a video of the buzzing sound https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jx_uGs9P6WRi16RHJKOVBrVGs/view?usp=sharing

Car has been into the dealers they changed the AirCon pump under warranty thinking that would solve it, now they are saying they checked on a like for like model that did the same thing after 19 degrees. They says it must be a characteristic of this model. Does any one else have this issue its really annoying & Im sure this never used to happen with my vehicle nor the other 6 I test drove.

Any questions let me know smile.gif

May be worth seeing if you can try it on other cars rather than take their word for it?

I can hear the noise in your video but obviously it's hard to tell how loud it is without hearing it in person.

Hiya James

I did request that but they said it was on a customers car. There head engineer said if hes got two cars making the same noise he doesn't think its anything to worry about. buts its extremely annoying spending so much on a car then to have a noise like that.

22 hours ago, AdamNajak said:

Hiya James

I did request that but they said it was on a customers car. There head engineer said if hes got two cars making the same noise he doesn't think its anything to worry about. buts its extremely annoying spending so much on a car then to have a noise like that.

Just find one at another dealer and pretend to be interested in it if necessary! :wink: