Folding mirrors on A6 Avant

Silverdog

I have just bought a 2008 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI and I can't find a button to fold the mirrors in, or anything in the MMI under the central locking menu, there is no mention of mirrors. I have pushed and pulled the button on the door in all directions but it doesn't do anything except tilt the glass. Is there a fault with the button or am I looking in the wrong place?

20160602_200647.jpg

Thanks. It would seem so, but for a car with that amount of technology I find it very strange that something so simple can't be done. I've just got rid of a 13 year old Mondeo and even that had folding mirrors! What year is yours?

• 2 weeks later...

Warrioruw is absolutely correct, mine also has the extra position for folding. I think it was probably an option. Mines an 07 and I find it incredible that you have to manually select the fold and you can't programme it to work with the central locking.

I wouldn't mine a manual button but mine doesn't seem to have the option at all and it's an 08. It's a worry in car parks, even though I do park as far away from the shop as I can.