buying help

bylica

Hallo , I am thinking of getting 2015 a4 avant but before purchase i did some research and found many owners not happy with multitronic gearbox

as my new audi will have . I am getting old shape one not 2016 model so i have multitronic not s tronic as all new models . I found many pupil

stating Stay Away from it and notice audi is going away and stops using this kind of gearbox . I wonder is that only on old models or 2015 may have issue 

as well . price difference between 2016 and 2015 is about 4k so i would prefer to save money as cost of new car is already 22k . any help please 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I had the multitronic gearbox in a 2006 Tdi A4 and had a known issue happen to it, the ecu in the gearbox breaks down and has problems, it was resolved with a new ecu at £1200.  Apart from that great gearbox, seamless gear changes and no other issues.  Mine was a later gearbox that had the better clutch.  I suspect though the multitronic boxes now may be better but can't say for sure