Newbie from Scotland

Hi newbie from Scotland  my name is Paul

Just got my first 2004 Audi 1.8 turbo quattro. I got it last week and so far I have had to do the following 

Front top arm and pinch nut

Cv joint

2 rear wheel bearings

2  brake lines

New rear rubber exhaust y mount

Had it remapped to 200bhp with 282ftlb Torque.

I still have a few things to do to it, firstly Aircon won't switch on and is stuck on "econ" i believe that this is a common issue with high pressure switch on the the condenser ( feel free to let me know if that's wrong, it's gassed with no leaks)

And it has a cat back stainless steel exhaust system no middle boxes and 2 twin rear boxes, but it is loud so will try and source an original one

DSC_0212-01.jpeg

DSC_0210-02.jpeg

sketch-1468776342547.png

Hi Paul...welcome to the Forum!

The car looks great and amazing condition for it's age.

The aircon pressure switch does make sense and worth trying a replacement...especially in this weather.

Keep us informed with any updates

Regards    Trevor - Admin

• Like 1

Car goes in to Audi on Wednesday to change the sensor so I will let you know.

Got it back today after the garage used M10 bolts on the suspension collar instead of hardened pinch bolts then had to Polish it again to clean the oil finger prints of it.

Looking good if I say so myself

sketch-1469261521748.pngsketch-1469261591541.png

Well as I mentioned before my car had the dreaded "ECON not switching off" i had spoke to Audi and they said I would probably be the condenser meanong loads of ££££££ but after research on multiple forums, all roads led to the high pressure switch on the condenser.

So i booked my car into Audi to get this changed £50 for the switch £100 for an hours labour ( what a rip off) however they changed it for me and hey presto Aircon is all working perfectly.

I also went to stainless creations and they spilt my exhaust further up closer to the engine and added two middle boxes so that's all sorted now too sounds nice with no loud drone

That now only leaves me to get location springs for my front calipers to stop the noise of the aftermarket pads bouncing about when I hit a bumpy road and that should be it done.

AUDI also run a full free health check on the car and only things they came back with where pads and disc will need done soon amd I should replace the bottom plastic engine tray because the clips are snapped and it's cable tied in place at one side. They wanted £136 for tray and £100 to fit....  I think I'll stick with a 5p cable tie 

They told me I have a littler rattle at my OSF wheel which I know about already, they said its because the anti rattle springs are missing from the calliper which means the pads are moving about, they have quoted me supply and fitted £163.00 I just bought the set from dingbro for £14.75.

They also stated I'm due a brake fluid change ( it was only done in November and cars only done 1500 miles as I have reciepts)  they state their price to supply and change is £91.26 

And they wonder why people don't use the main Dealers