Racechip experience

poolcow

Hi there. New to A7 ownership with a 2011 3.0 TFSI. Not new to audis having had between me and the missus a TT, A3 Quattro, A6 Quattro, Q7 and current S1.

So asking for any knowledgable folks out there for their experience. Love the pull of the A7 but after a mate was desk surfing got onto Google at work and looking at tuning.

seen an ad for racechip at just over £100 for an extra 50 horses.... Seems cheap plug and play but concerned it's too cheap.  

Anybody used these add on harness type kits. I'd go for a superchip bluefin but they don't list one for the TFSI model.

always like to research before a purchase so hopefully might get some answers back.

if not then all you folks have a good day and enjoy them four rings 😊

Agree with what you're saying there...it seems too cheap.

I was looking for a similar power upgrade on my Honda CR-V and found one that just changes the pulsing of the injectors to produce better economy / power benefits.

Not sure whether it is beneficial to the long term reliability of the engine. Would rather pay more for a complete re-map to change a range of parameters in the ECU to gain improved output....e.g BlueFin

• 6 months later...

UPDATE

Got the Tuning Box from DTUK and have had it running in the car for at least a month.

All I can say is, I'm not removing it...what a difference to driveability and mpg, can't think how I put up with the standard tune beforehand.

Here is a review I wrote for it...and if you're interested in one I can source a discount code for you. They even do monthly payments for it.

http://www.audiownersclub.com/news/reviews/club-reviews/product-reviews/electronic-engine-tuning-guide/

Sounds great! my only concern would be whether it would affect the engine adversely. Also insurance costs, warranty etc. If you could source one that'd be great in the mean time I'll look into it some more

Thanks

Essentially, the Tuning Box refines the Injector frequency from standard (out of the box) factory tune, to then inject the fuel in a more precise manner which allows the extra power and torque to be released.  This shouldn't have any adverse effect on the engine as it is just introducing the fuel in normal quantity but the fuel atomisation would be altered by the Tuning Box.

Diesel Tuning UK are offering club members £80 off the full RRP on all of their plug and play petrol and diesel performance systems.

Simply call up with the supplied code ( AUTOC80 ) or enter it on their website to obtain your discount.

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/

17 hours ago, gecko said:

Check out these projected gains! definitely going to have a think about this!

Screenshot_20170222-161226.png

you know, with a little fettle, that car easily good for 300bhp 

• Like 1

Haha, I don't trust my car, so many things have been changed and it's one problem after another, so I'm trying to minimize anything going wrong with it for now, but I would do a remap on a new car in the future :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2017 at 2:07 PM, gecko said:

Sounds great! my only concern would be whether it would affect the engine adversely. Also insurance costs, warranty etc. If you could source one that'd be great in the mean time I'll look into it some more

Thanks

I've seen/read this can trash the gearbox (assuming S-tronic) so research that before as well. 

Going 0.5 seconds faster to 60 MPH over the cost of a new gearbox? Just food for thought.

ok, so insurance, yes you should declare it whether it be a box or a remap as it is a modification. but honestly, come on! 

as for your chocolate tronic boxes, well, you need to find out the safe limit for torque on them. a decent tuner will have this information to hand and will map your car to suit. it may well be that they ramp up the power and add a nice curve of torque with a safe upper limit. its like everything in life, you pays ya money, you takes ya chances! 

if you have a manual go for one of those diesel tuning boxes (if you really dont want to take it to be rempapped), if you have an auto take it to a well reviewed tuner. 

Tuning doesn't break cars, stupid breaks cars. 

P.S. with a diesel it is not about 0.5 seconds quicker to 60, who cares about that? its the 50-100 where tuned diesels come in to their own!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

HI everyone I just got my Audi a 7 s line 3.0 Quattro and I want to know where exactly should be the coolant level? Coz I'm quite confused about it ... I know from the bmw that I had before in a some car is between min and max level but Audi is different to BMW so if anyone could give me some info more I will be thankful!

Thank you !!