Problem missed on check?

Phil123

Hi, I purchased a 9 month old Audi A4 all road on 15th July, over the last weekend the air con button wouldn't stay on & so no air con.  Took it into the garage today & they've told me something has gone through the grill (a small stone?) and put a hole in the air con compressor and as its damage its not covered by the warranty.  I asked if it could have happened before I got it and been missed on their check, they said no as they are very thougher and it's going to cost me over £600.

Hi Phil...welcome to the club!

That's a real shame, nothing worse than having to shell out money within the first year especially as you have a warranty.

However, if the air con only stopped working over the weekend, that would suggest that the loss of gas is quite recent. Only thing you could try is to request they charge you for the the condenser and they make a claim for labour through the warranty company (suggesting that the condenser lost gas over time because it was porous, or some other reason). It's worth a try!

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers   Trevor - Admin