Ride height issues

ElSpoooel

Hi Guys, I'm brand new to the forums so if this is in the wrong forum I apologise.

A couple of months ago I treated myself to an A4 and I love it. The only issue I have is that it was previously slammed to the floor which although is great for handling it doesn't agree with speed bumps or slight humps in the road.

Its fitted with what I believe are aftermarket coilovers and I've tried adjusting them myself to lift the car a little bit but it seems to have no affect on the height of the car. 

I was wondering if some kind of spacer may have been removed as I have never dealt with coilovers before.

I've added a couple of photos of the rear set-up and one of the front which seems to have an extra spacer or something between the spring and the adjuster.

If anyone has any ideas I would be soooo greatful.

many thanks :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi Dave

The adjustment should only alter the firmness of the spring and not really the ride height.

You would need to replace the springs with ones that haven't got so much drop height on them. It shouldn't be an issue with retaining the adjustment adapter I wouldn't have thought, which would allow you to tighten up the handling to where you want it.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers   Trevor