Audi headlight bulb issue

Thekaver

Hi guys,

this is my first post so hi everyone!

now I feel kind of stupid asking this but I'm having issues with changing light bulbs in my headlight.

anyway first the left one went then they right one about a week later, so went shop and bought 2 new bulbs. 

Changed the left as it was easy accessible and nothing. Full beam works but normal headlights don't. Swapped it for the other new bulb and the same.

put my multimeter across the 2 prongs on the new bulbs and have a continuity reading and no reading on the one I took out.

ive swapped them back and worth, switched engine off for a while but still the same. The new bulbs just don't work.

can anyone help me out. Is they a reset or something that has to be done after changing the bulbs?

thanks in advance

Hi Ryan...welcome to the Forum

Not sure why they don't work...if you have continuity on the meter then they should work...think I would be tempted to put the directly across a battery to check they actually illuminate though. Otherwise, I think I would be questioning the quality of the bulbs you have just bought.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers   Trevor