MK1 Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG Misano Pearl, Chains & Mech replaced

dennis10

EDIT:  Really need this to sell now, can't have her just sitting around - have reduced the price, ideally looking for her to go this weekend, so please make me a sensible offer - somebody will grab a bargain.

Beautiful mk1 TT coupe in rare Misano pearlescent red
106k (ish) miles as still in use
53 plate
DSG flappy paddle gearbox
Full service history
MOT September 2017
2 sets of keys
Folder full of service history and receipts

** Just for information, as I've been asked a few times - Insurance wise, I'm mid 30s, 9 yrs NCB and I pay £400 with all mods declared! **
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Other goodies:
Blueflame cat back stainless steel exhaust
Revo remap (265-270 hp & around 255 lb.ft)
18" OZ Canyon ST alloys
Hubcentric wheel spacers front and back
Bose sound system
Eibach pro springs and Bilstein dampers
Brand new retro-fitted factory cruise control
Black half leather interior

She is in excellent condition and wants for nothing mechanically.  There are 2 massive positives with my car, 

1. I have had the timing chains and all associated parts replaced, so unlike many TT's on here she is not an unknown quantity and the chains should be good for the rest of the lifetime of the car. cost - £1400 

2.  The mechatronic unit has already been replaced (in 2013) in the DSG box, this is another issue that the V6 TT's can suffer from, again this should give some peace of mind for anyone looking to own a V6.  (All receipts present) cost - £1800
----------------------------------------------------------------
In the last 6 months:

Full service, fully synthetic oil and filter replaced.
Haldex earth strap replaced

In the last year:

Brand new dimpled and grooved MTEC brake discs and Brembo brake pads, front and rear
Brand new Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres front and rear
Comprehensive suspension and bush refresh including:
R32 rear anti roll bar, polybushes & Lemforder drop links
Rear adjustable tie arms and polybushes
Front wishbone overhaul; cookbots wishbone inserts with polybushes (gets rid of vague steering and alot of understeer), new Lemforder ball joints and the caster increase polybush
Front ARB replacement polybushes and Lemforder drop links
A full geometry setup at Wheels in Motion - All of this was upwards of £1500
Fitted aftermarket NIME fan controller to rectify blown resistors in the cooling fans (another very common fault on TTs) - fans now work perfectly on all speed settings

Also in my ownership:

Full timing chain kit fitted, all associated gaskets, seals and bolts (fitted by the very reputable VAG Auto Care services in Lincoln) Have all receipts
DSG oil and filter replacement x 2 (2nd time as mech unit cover had developed a small leak, gasket replaced for this)
Haldex oil and filter replaced
Spark plugs replaced
Air filter replaced with K&N performance cone filter
Air filter heat shield
All other fluids replaced including power steering fluid and coolant
Front left steering arm and track rod end
DSG Brake switch
Pollen filter
Coolant temp sensor (another known cuplrit for running issues)
Fitted a pair of custom brushed stainless steel cupholders (a previous owner had removed the factory ones) - These are easily unbolted if not to your taste but I love them.
Also has a framework in place for holding your phone for sat nav and music (although you'll need to replace the holder with either a generic bracket or one specifically for your phone, mine is a Sony Z3 compact)
Sony Bluetooth stereo all wired upto the excellent factory Bose amp and sub
Brand new factory Audi cruise control fitted by myself including brand new indicator stalk and extra loom going to ECU
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some minor points on an otherwise fantastic car:

A few stone chips and age related marks around the body, no dents.  Otherwise the paintwork is in extremely good condition for 13 years old and is the best colour I've ever seen on a car.  In the sunlight, the two-tone red/orange pearlescent paint is a work of art!

A bit of kerbing on a couple of the alloys, nothing really bad, they still look excellent when clean.

The headlamp washers don't work (another well known issue with TT's)  So far I've not had an issue come MOT time, but they aren't complicated or expensive to fix, I just never use them so haven't bothered to sort them out.

When you hold it on full lock the power steering can squeal a bit - it has been checked for fluid level and works perfectly, apparently a VAG feature, it was the same on my Golf GTI

Occasionally the traction control will activate on the front left wheel when going around a tight-ish right hand bend.  This has only started happening since an alignment and the track rod end was replaced at a garage, so I suspect either an ABS sensor has been upset, or the tracking is slightly out.  If you disable the ESP via the button or permanently disable in VCDS, it drives perfectly and there are no fault codes or errors indicating anything else. - I have bought a brand new ABS sensor for that side that can go with the car when it sells.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's about all I can think for now - as you can imagine, she is an extremely well looked after car.  The engine is astonishing, will happily pull itself along at around 28mph in 6th gear on cruise control and pull hard all the way up the rev range with no dip in torque or power like a turbo car can suffer.  She uses no oil or water and will be an excellent buy for an enthusiast or somebody looking to get into sports car ownership.

As an added bonus, I also have VCDS on my laptop and a diagnostics cable so am happy to show the prospective buyer the timing chain readings and run a diagnostic fault scan for peace of mind.

Car is available to view in Northwood, HA6

Price:  £4950

Contact Simon: 075(three)0 772(zero)66

IMG_20150825_2102261_zpsesjg5ppl.jpg

20140818_175900_zpshechmsnl.jpg

20140418_135138_zpstyeknubh.jpg

20140418_141346_zpsxozrt4hq.jpg

20140418_135239_zpseg3yidd3.jpg

EDIT:  Really need this to sell now, can't have her just sitting around - have reduced the price, ideally looking for her to go this weekend, so please make me a sensible offer - somebody will grab a bargain.