New member, with poorly Audi, ha ha

marvinb

Hi all

Thank you for adding me.

Believe it is not I would have joined anyway, but not yet as we're  In the middle of renovation  our house , currently skeleton electrics, no central heating and needs replumbing. ( we have submitted planning applications to build a garage 15m x 7m though, priorities) . 

We bought the audi as a 2nd running vehicle for to and from work etc as we're more out in the sticks now, which it's been great for, had it about 6 weeks now. 

Just to be clear we have a Disco 2 with stage 2 remap, 110 Defender,  almost complete, rebuilt from scratch, 110 Defender rolling chassis going to be built with 5.9 L Cummins 6bt as its power , hence the term another running vehicle ha ha. 

The little Audi has started to dislike mornings though. :yucky:

Hi Marvin...welcome to the Forum

Lol...I can see why you are prioritising the garage build...the Landy sounds awesome !

Could check the glow plugs or the coolant sensor to start with as both would have the symptoms for cold starts

Cheers  Trevor

Aha thanks for that Trevor.  Coolant sensor hasn't been suggested to me before. What's best way to check it. It'll be a cheap part though so could just swap it. Look into in is it easily accessed? 

Glow plugs all seem OK , tested all 4, and they appear to work when they should, relay fuse etc. 

I did disconnect MAF sensor one morning, started fine and did so consistently  for 5 days, plugging it back in after start up. However,  fitted new one and now back to long cranking again, connected or not, so was just coincidence. 

Also checked fuel delivery, pump appears to prime and pump as it should, I disconnected from filter housing to try it. 

You could check the coolant sensor by measuring the resistance versus temperature but it would be easier just to replace it...but do check the wires leading to the connector as these can break.