A6 Allroad Heater Problems - is it the HVAC

Hoggy1972

Hi, 

I'm new to this forum so don't shoot if this topic has been discussed before, but a quick search didn't show anything.

I have a heater problem on my 2006 A6 Allroad. Basically all the blower functions work as they should, however it seems that the they don't blow out at the temp indicated. Now the weather has got really cold the Air con is on "Hi" temp but is shoving out only cold air. There is sometimes also an issue where the passenger side is blowing hot and the drivers side is blowing cold air. Its making the car a 'not very nice' place to be at the moment.

I have read things about faulty Heating control units and i've sourced one on eBay for about £75, but is is just a case of swapping the units over or is it more involved that that.

Any advice gratefully received.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

Im also new to this forum and also new to owning a A6. I have had a similar problem in so much as I cannot get any heat out from either side. I have tried the usual suspects and no luck so took it to a local garage who have manged to get some heat out. They flushed out the heater matrix for both passenger and drivers side and refilled paying careful attention to getting as much air out as possible. I now have heat but they want me to go back next week so they can use a vac pump to make sure there are no air locks. Seems that air locks in the system are a real pain on these heating systems. hope this helps

• Like 2