New Member looking for advice

LOTUSSEVEN

Hi there,

I'm new to the group, and hoping to get some advice up which models to choose from.

I'm looking towards getting an A4 Convertible, my budget is only £10500, so I'll be look at an 09 or 08 Reg Car.

2.0 Ltr engine wise, Petrol, or Diesel, It must have SAT NAV and Heated seats, I've seen a rare few of the final editions with heated seats, but they are few and far between.

Sorry for asking such a silly question, but what are the paddle versions like ?  for reliability should I look for a manual ?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dave...welcome to the Forum

Decisions, decisions!  Tough one to advise on, but if it was me I would go with the Diesel (if your journeys allow the extended use of a diesel engine to keep it clean and running well) and the paddle shift transmission on the later cars seem to be quite reliable but then so is a manual (except for potential Dual Mass Flywheel failure).

Your decision but I would look at the journeys you are making and decide on the engine/transmission combination accordingly.

Let us know how you get on with your decision.

Cheers  Trevor

• Like 1

Many thanks Trevor, After look at all of the stats, I do feel like it may well be a diesel version, It's just a matter of waiting for a low mileage one, with full sat nav, and heated seats in the right color to come along now, but Im not in no mad rush, good things do come to those that wait lol.

The A5 Convertible looks an ok option as well, having driven one, I was most impressed, however my personal choice is the A4 Looks much better.

Cheers Dave

I think you're wise to wait around until the right one comes along.

I had a similar situation with a Honda CRV that I bought this year...it took many evenings to deliberate over the colour, interior and overall specifications eventually narrowing it down to one particular vehicle...that was the easy bit, it was finding one (didn't even mind if it wasn't local) and then two came along at the same time after just one week of searching....sod's law !