Top radiator hose part no

San

Hello,

The top radiator hose on my 1.9tdi is loose and leaking coolant heavily. The hose itself is in decent condition, but it looks like the metal spring clip is rusted and no longer gripping. I am struggling to find a part no for the hose with clip - anyone able to advise?

The pic is not of my car, but does show the part I am looking for with the downward pointing arrow.

Any help much appreciated.

Edit - having looked closer- while there was definitely leakage from the top pipe, there is also clearly dripping at the back drivers side - rear collant flange? Anyone able to say if it is just bad luck that apparently simultaneously I have leaks at two points in the system, or does it indicate a common cause?

efk_how_to_12.jpg

Edited by San
added additional information

Hi San...welcome to the Forum

Sorry can't help you with the part number for the clip but would enquire directly with Audi as they shouldn't cost too much from them.

Coolant leaks are generally related to corrosion or failure of seals, flanges or gaskets where there has been a lack of anti-freeze in the system, especially in this cold weather.

I would advise to look at all areas of the system that appear suspect, as when you fix one weak point the pressure will generally go to the next weak area. 

Also, once you're happy you've sorted the leaks then refill the system with good quality anti-freeze.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers   Trevor

Touch wood the problem was actually quite simple in the end. Clip holding the top hose was rusted and not gripping, and the o ring that sits behind  the clip was lost when the pipe disconnected from the radiator. 

Both clip and o ring very cheap from eBay. I am guessing mine won't be the only one with the clips rusting (the bottom radiator hose also had a loose clip due to rust) so if it is of any help to others:

Clip part no 1J0121142

4mmx32mm O ring part no. N-907-653-01

Dripping from back of engine bay was separate problem that seems well documented with drain holes beneath the battery blocking and rain collecting beneath the battery.

• Like 1