Hello to all...Question About Warranty

AverageJoe

Hello Everyone, 

First off, I want to say I'm sorry if I've posted into the wrong section. I'm relatively quite new to being on forums.

I have a question about repairs and warranty, specifically, what's covered under it.

I have an approved used Audi A4 2.0 TDI with just over 1 year left on the warranty (purchased with special offer giving 2 years warranty instead of 1)

Audi Service Centre have identified two faults on my car: Rear passenger door lock is faulty (I'm aware of this and mentioned it to them when I took it in) and the fuel flap is faulty. They've told me that I have to pay for these to be replaced.

Does anyone know if these faults are covered under warranty? I've read through the Ts&Cs of their Warranty but it doesn't specifically exempt the faults they've mentioned from being covered under warranty.  

This is my first time owning a car, so I am clueless when it comes to this stuff and don't want to pay for something I shouldn't have to.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

Hi Michael...welcome to the Forum

I would have thought that the door lock is a security issue and therefore would be covered as it not like it's an accessory or piece of trim. The fuel flap should also be covered but not so much of an emphasis as the door lock I would imagine.

I would press them to ensure it comes under warranty, especially if it doesn't state it's not covered.  Wear and tear would be excluded but can't see that those faults would be listed as wear and tear.

Let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers   Trevor