Various matters and interests

ap3491

Hi there new to the site have owned my a4 b7 cab for 2 years, 2.0t petrol never thought about joining a forum as its my daily driver and brought it because i didn't think it would have problems, it constantly is drinking oil once a month will happily take 1.0 L of oil, also was wondering what bolt on turbos could i get to replace the snail that is in there now?, what capabilities does the 6 speed box have? also changing the turbo will i need to do anything else other than a remap obviously? ie, bigger injectors or fuel pump? Cheers Aaron

Hi ap3491

What color is the smoke coming out the back?

Different turbos unfortunately I'm not 100% sure with that (Sorry) 

I would think a 6 speed gearbox would be better if you're thinking of doing the car up for higher speed, good for drag racing ;)

If you do change the turbo it all depends on the turbo really how big it is, what stage remap would you be looking for, 1,2 or 3? 

also how much BHP have you got and want? 

Thanks

Bradley

Thank so for the reply, I really don't have any interest in drag racing my Audi, haha, thanks though, I was wondering if there is a different turbo on a different model Audi that bolts straight on wich gives you more power, gearbox related I was wondering what sort of power you can extract from the 6 speed box without it opening up?, I have no bhp goals as such would just like it quicker, I would be really happy with 260/270, and it's 197bhp now, the smoke out of the back is non existent I can't see any, cheers

This isn't a dig at the site or anything btw, but does it usually take ages to get a reply on here?, is here a bigger more popular site that I am missing out on? Again not ungreatful or having a dig but just am curious?

AH okay! haha, different turbos from a different audi that bolt straight on I'm not sure sorry :( but if you wanted to have bhp gains like that then probs do a stage 2 remap and change the clutch and air filters, but then maby need to change for a bigger turbo.

There are other Audi pages out there, all are active but it's just that we have alot of people sign up and ask question but not many people tend to respond :( so we try our best anyway, hope the community can grow! :)

• Like 1

Hi Aaron

I would recommend a remap and intake/exhaust to improve the power output rather than replacing the turbo as the cost is far higher and also usually requires additional engine work to make it totally beneficial. The gearbox should be fine but the clutch may need a heavier duty driven plate if the power increases that much.

If the engine is consuming oil then it is either leaking or burning it (in which case there should be some signs of it)....maybe change the grade (heavier weight of oil...e.g. 0w30 to 5w30).

The posts are answered as quick as possible but as Brad-B5 has stated it seems like everyone has a particular problem they want sorted and there is not much interaction from other members with responses or answers. Eventually I'm sure things will change so please bear with us :-)

Cheers  Trevor