Adblue??

Karl220282

Picking my Q7 up tomorrow, it's a 3.0 tdi on a 62 plate.

ive been looking online for the answer but can't find a definite one.

will it take adblue like my sisters Vw toureg? If so how long does it last? How big is the tank? Where do you buy yours? How and where on the car do you fill it up? And is it the exact same adblue as a lorry would take?

Any help appreciated as it's something that has just sprung to mind. Thanks Karl.

Hello Karl,

A good question, and with recent experience of a non-Audi, is one that the supplying dealers don't seem to discuss or perhaps even understand at the salesman, initial contact level. In respect of the question about does it use Adblue then I would guess the answer is yes it does, and I would hazard a guess at the intially quanity lasting perhaps about 3,000 to 5,000 miles.

The problem we have had for many years is that the service personnel know the answers to meaningful questions we have in mind, but are isolated from the owner by the service receptionists, who may or may not know the answer. It is sometimes not easy to get the correct answer first time.

If it were mine, I would be contacting the service department and asking the questions you ask here, and getting a price for them to refill when needed. Armed with this better knowledge, I would then visit the salesman and ask the same question again and ask him to point out where the reservoir is so that you will/should know. If he doesn't know then insist he gets someone to talk to you then who does know - route to service personnel! 

I believe the reservoir will be fitted with a level sensor which will warn you that it getting low, but I think you are wise to ask the questions now.

Enjoy the car.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 2

Thanks Gareth, I have picked the car up today and it doesn't take adblue so there are no worries or concerns for this now. Still playing with all the gadgets and will be going out for a little night drive soon to send the baby to sleep. Looks pretty inside at night, as you can tell I'm very impressed with the car inside and out. Loving the seemless gear change it's so smooth and with the power delivery. Thanks for your help.

Karl.

I heard of a Range Rover owner recently who wasn't told about putting AdBlue into the tank. As a result, the car stopped and wouldn't restart until reprogrammed by the dealers at huge cost. His argument was he wasn't told he needed to do this and that it was the dealers responsibility and won the case.

• Like 1