Q5 AdBlue

Ftumptch

Hi everyone,

First time poster on this forum and would welcome any advice. Owned a Q5 SLine for two and a half years before trading it in for a new Q5 Sline, my last one which was also bought new had an AdBlue tank which I hadnt ever topped it up,it had the 170 BHP engine, however my new one which Ive had now for 14 months, required adblue a few month ago, I topped it up myself and now it says it needs more, any ideas why? Ive done 8,500 miles and wondered if as they told me its the new style engine 190 BHP this would be the cause why it seems to drink the stuff a quick as diesel,any comments would be appreciated

Cheers Ftumptch 

Hi Neil...welcome to the Forum

It sounds reasonable that there is more AdBlue being injected into the after-treatment emissions system on your new one whereas the older Q5 it was more of a token amount being used to treat the emissions.

Just make sure you never run out of AdBlue though...bit of an expensive problem to pay out for

Cheers  Trevor