Brakes on my A4

stu

Right was going round the car giving it a wee wipe over when I noticed some writing on my calipers, "Audi RS" and I was wondering if these are the standard fitment for my car or has someone upgraded them? 

Thanks Stu

Hello Stuart,

Not sure how long you have owned this and what you know of its previous service and repair history. Also whether this writing ( and we would need to know whether this is say handwritten in paint or embossed, or something else) has simply been added to identify which type of vehicle the parts may have come off - i.e. secondhand and interchangeable with your originals. 

Of course, this could be barking up completely wrong trees,  but you would be able to advise us on that possibility. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

Hi Gareth the car came with a full audi service history and a load of receipts will have a look through them all the calipers are the same with the audi emblem and the writing look to be part of the casting but will have a closer look when it's light and take a couple of pics thanks stuart 

• Like 1

Hard to say whether it's genuine RS calipers but I'm not sure, as the rear looks like it is a single piston floating type and the fronts at most (judging by their size) are a twin piston floating caliper. On the RS I would imagine they use larger multi-piston calipers all round.

Still, they look awesome and in great condition