General finanace advice

Evening all. I'm new around here and after some advice. 

Im looking into getting a Audi A3 saloon s line ( used ). I'll be going up to Audi on the 28th to apply for finanace and hopefully get accepted. 

I'm looking at cars around the £15,000 mark, will be putting down a deposite of atleast 10% cash. What I'm wanting to know is, could I use my credit card and put down a bigger deposite, say £2000 then use the 1500 and pay most then balance off my credit card, would this have any negitive effect on my chances of getting finanace approved ??

• 2 weeks later...

Just been down your route and wanted to load the payment onto a CC to get the reward points. Dealer I used would only take £1000 on CC due to the Charges they suffer. 

Your dealer might be more understanding as you are looking to take out Audi finance. I chose not to going for a 3.4% APR deal from a supermarket bank.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Envy said:

Just been down your route and wanted to load the payment onto a CC to get the reward points. Dealer I used would only take £1000 on CC due to the Charges they suffer. 

Your dealer might be more understanding as you are looking to take out Audi finance. I chose not to going for a 3.4% APR deal from a supermarket bank.  

I was only going to put 1000 down on my credit card and 1500 cash down.

ive been to the dealer and decided not to go ahead with the deal as I have a default from 3 years ago and will struggle to get finanace through Audi. 

So now I'm trying to find the right car from a dealer who would re apply through my current finanace company as I think I have a better chance of getting approved with them as I have 4 years payment history + when I took my package out with them I had a 2 year old default on my credit file, I don't think a un secure bank loan would be a option for my self 

3 hours ago, Envy said:

Enjoy the New Car - a great feeling. 

Thank you!! It's finding the one for me 

I really like the Daytona gray a3 slines, I've found one but it deffo doesn't have heated seats ( not really that bothered ) would have been nice as I live up north and it's always cold, and also it doesn't say it has tpms witch I would like. 

No sat nav but I know you can add this later on by taking it into Audi at around 600 pounds. 

One advantage when buying a car is to not be in too much of a hurry although if the outgoing car is giving notice this is not an option. 

When I brought my Audi I had the dealer do the looking bringing in a car from another showroom once we had the wish list completed.

Some compromising where the car I chose did not have memory package specced but what Audis come with as standard is incredible. 

My experience with Satnavs are that the inbuilt ones are great compared to dash mount ones from a few years back but with Smart Phone Tech where it is now the built in Nav is not always the best option. Getting a decent Mount for the phone is the challenge. 

19 minutes ago, Envy said:

One advantage when buying a car is to not be in too much of a hurry although if the outgoing car is giving notice this is not an option. 

When I brought my Audi I had the dealer do the looking bringing in a car from another showroom once we had the wish list completed.

Some compromising where the car I chose did not have memory package specced but what Audis come with as standard is incredible. 

My experience with Satnavs are that the inbuilt ones are great compared to dash mount ones from a few years back but with Smart Phone Tech where it is now the built in Nav is not always the best option. Getting a decent Mount for the phone is the challenge. 

Yeah. I'm not in a massive rush. The dealer hasn't got back to me yet anyways about my trade in. I'm guessing tpms can be retro fitted by Audi anyways