Audi A3 2001 1.6 Petrol - Clunking & Loss of power

Jamesren

Hi can anyone help me out, bought an old audi A3 2001 1.6 Petrol for a run around this summer and 6 days in its causing problems!

Im getting up to around 4th gear and there is a grinding/ thud noise and it loses power and the transition light is flashing, then it will go and the light will just be constant.
As soon as i have slowed down and re started the car its fine for a while then it happens again. 
Its almost like the car is pulling back and as the accelerator goes down it makes a scraping noise (almost like the noise it would make if the brake pads were non existent). the initial pull back is quite violent (like dropping down a gear or two but after that you could continue.

has anyone has the same issue or can help me out with knowing what it is?

Cheers 

James

This is kind of what I was feeling! And I've just had to get a new (2nd hand) transfer box, mine was clonking and loss of power! And started of like yours... then it went 👎Probably not the same thing, but worth a look